Level 3 - Leader Training
Who is it for?
Professionals who want to do Forest School in their workplace who meet the criteria set out below.
To achieve this course you will need to meet the following:
- Be over 21 years old
- If working with children a Level 3 childcare/play work qualification & experience of working with young people is essential. For teenagers & adults a relevant Level 3 qualification is required or equivalent experience.
- If working with people with learning difficulties & disabilities, it is necessary to have a relevant qualification & experience of these groups
- Attend for 80% of the lessons over 5 days
- Attend 2 "Tutorial & Skills" follow up days
- Teach 6 sessions of 1.5 hours with your chosen client group
- Be assessed practically during a 1.5 hour lesson
- Complete all Assessment Criteria within 12 months of commencement of course
- On completion of the course you must provide proof of current Police Check
- On completion of the course you must provide proof of a relevant outdoor First Aid Certification i.e. First Aid at Work (usually a 4 day course) or Outdoor First Aid (usually 16 hrs)
- You will need to access the relevant client group in order to complete assignments
Where can it lead?
Practising Forest School Leader.
How will you study?
Attend either 5 consecutive days or one day per week for 5 weeks. Complete Assignment work in a portfolio of evidence (approximately 50 hrs of study). Be assessed practically doing a Forest School session in your workplace. Be assessed practically on the course.
£875 per person, plus VAT, to include Open College Network West Midlands registration.
Training days - 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 27th, 28th March 2018
Skills days - 23rd & 24th May 2018
***NEW Training Days available
Training days - 8th, 9th, 10th and 15th, 16th
Skills days - 9th & 10th July 2018
Training days - 19th, 20th, 21st & 26th, 27th
Skills days - 22nd, 23rd May 2019
Please note - All students wanting to complete a Level 2 training course are welcome to attend any Level 3 training course dates. The content will be tailor made for their individual requirements. Please email or telephone for more information and an application form.