We provide high-quality, fun and exciting curriculum-linked activities for early years and primary aged children groups. Our expert staff will plan the sessions with your input to cater for the needs of the children, and/or the topic learning objective you have in mind. Sessions run for two hours and all tools and equipment is provided. Children and adults need to wear appropriate clothing at all times. All staff are first aid trained and hold level 3 Forest School Leader qualifications.
What we can offer…
- Childcare and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years
- Free funded places for 2–5 year old (subject to eligibility)
- Stay and Play session including messy play and toy library
- Gardening and healthy eating sessions
- Forest School Drop-in Sessions
- ‘Getting Ready for School’ sessions to support families of children going to school
- Support and Early Help for families
- Six week sessions of Forest Schools and taster sessions
- Level 2 and Level 3 Forest School Leader Training (in association with FSLI)
- Afterschool Clubs
- Forest School Holiday Play Schemes
- Support and Consultancy when setting up your own Forest School
- Membership to be part of Hackney Forest School and display our mark
- Team building days on Hackney Marshes
What will the children need?
Children will access the Forest School throughout the year, and as such will be offered a set of waterproofs. Children will need suitable footwear e.g. wellies. It is advisable that children bring warm hats, gloves and scarves in the winter, and sun cream and protective hat and long sleeves in the summer. There are many health benefits to children being outdoors all year round, as germs are spread in a confined indoor space. Children well wrapped up, exposed to fresh air and gaining much physical exercise, are found to be healthier than children cooped up in centrally heated indoor environments.